Established Rutland, VT Law Firm Provides Comprehensive Legal Services
Assisting people, institutions and businesses for more than seven decades
Founded in 1945, Ryan Smith & Carbine, Ltd. is one of Vermont’s oldest, largest and most respected law firms. We offer counsel to our clients on a wide variety of legal matters. Our lawyers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to provide quality legal counsel to people, institutions and businesses. Our firm takes pride in treating every client as an individual, with respect and consideration.
Vermont business law firm serves clients with integrity
Your legal issues deserve close attention from the most highly qualified attorney available. At Ryan Smith & Carbine, you’ll find a legal team that is:
- Established — Our firm has flourished for more than 70 years, and each division of our firm is staffed with experienced and talented counsel.
- Respected — Ryan Smith & Carbine is routinely mentioned in any discussion of Vermont’s finest law firms.
- Comprehensive — Our firm resources allow us to address your issues from every legal perspective, so we can offer comprehensive advice and robust representation.
Our firm is a member of the ALFA International legal network and several of our attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for their professionalism and ethical conduct in the practice of law.
Experienced in all forms of case management and legal counseling
Our Rutland business attorneys are skilled in all aspects of litigation, arbitration and mediation in the private sector and before state agencies, boards and the legislature. With offices in Vermont and New York, our lawyers provide professional, responsive and personalized service in legal areas including:
- Business law — Our business attorneys guide companies through formation and continue to assist throughout the life of the business. Key areas of our service include business organization, environmental/land use law, intellectual property, business bankruptcy, construction law, and taxation.
- Banking/financial institutions — We assist lenders with transaction and compliance issues, and represent financial institutions in collections actions, including foreclosures and bankruptcies.
- Insurance defense — Our attorneys represent insurers in claims and coverage disputes, and we defend insureds in personal injury and property damage lawsuits, most notably related to products liability, professional malpractice, ski area liability, and trucking accidents.
- Employment law and workers’ compensation — We counsel employers on compliance with state and federal regulations and represent employers in employment and workers’ compensation disputes.
- Real estate and estate planning — Our attorneys manage all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions and disputes. We also assist individuals and families with comprehensive estate planning and shepherd estates through the probate process.
- Healthcare law — We represent healthcare providers on the full range of business and compliance matters. We also defend providers against allegations of medical malpractice.
- Trucking and Transportation — We represent companies in all transportation and trucking legal matters.
We try cases in all state and federal courts in Vermont and eastern New York. When you retain our services, we dedicate our resources to achieving an optimal solution in the most timely and cost-effective manner possible.
Contact an established Rutland, VT law firm for comprehensive legal services
Ryan Smith & Carbine, Ltd. is a full-service law firm providing personal attention, reliable counsel, and strong court representation. Our Rutland, Vermont office is conveniently located at 98 Merchants Row. To schedule a consultation, call us today at 802-786-1000 or contact us online. We also have an office in Glens Falls, New York.
VT WC Adjusters’ Conference
Registration is now open for the Vermont Department of Labor’s Workers’ Compensation Adjusters’ Continuing Education Conference. The conference will be held at the Hilton Hotel, Burlington, Vermont.
Please note the conference is Thursday, November 7, 2019 and Friday, November 8, 2019. The conference will begin at 12:30 pm on Thursday and run until 5:00 pm. On Friday the conference begins at 8:30 am and ends at noon.
Register Here: https://www.cvent.com/d/zyqrg5/4W