Mark F. Werle
(802) 786-1022 phone
CLICK HERE for direct Email Mark F. Werle
Mr. Werle’s primary areas of concentration are in:
CIVIL LITIGATION/ COMMERCIAL LAW/ INSURANCE:
Mr. Werle’s practice consists of representing insured individuals, businesses, resorts and transportation companies in the defense of lawsuits, in both Vermont and New York. He leads the firm’s New York practice group. Mr. Werle represents insurers and insureds in insurance coverage disputes. He is also active in environmental, commercial and real estate litigation, including foreclosures in New York State. His commercial litigation practice includes intellectual property litigation, the representation of institutional lenders and other businesses in the workout of troubled debt and asset recovery, and the representation of parties in intra-and inter-corporate litigation. He has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict over the past 20 years. Mr. Werle also has experience in advising utilities on issues pertaining to rates, litigation and public relations. Mr. Werle is listed in “Who’s Who in American Law.”
SEMINARS PRESENTED AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Electronic Discovery in Vermont
- Litigating Bad Faith Insurance Claims
- Handling Complex Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act-Navigating the Minefields
- Daubert and progeny: Precluding the Expert Witness
- Vermont Trucking Law, ALFA International Transportation Practice Group, Trucking Law, A State by State Compendium, 2013.
- Vermont Hospitality Law, ALFA International Hospitality Practice Group, Hospitality Law, A State by State Compendium, 2013.
- Vermont Construction Law, ALFA International Construction Practice Group, Construction Law, A State by State Compendium, 2013.
- Vermont Construction Law, Bad Faith Surety Claims, ALFA International Construction Practice Group, Surety Law, A State by State Compendium, 2012.
- Vermont Insurance Law, ALFA International Insurance Practice Group, Insurance Law, A State by State Compendium, 2011.
- Vermont Products Liability Law, ALFA International Products Liability Practice Group, Products Liability Law, A State by State Compendium, 2011.
- Vermont Construction Law, ALFA International Hospitality Practice Group, Construction Law, A State by State Compendium, 2011.